A revolutionary new way to conveniently monitor 10 water parameters in one compact device.
automatically monitor 10 water parameters every 15 minutes.
gain new insights into the dynamic and complex nature of reef chemistry.
maintain an optimal ecosystem for your fish and corals.
The MindStream Monitor represents a significant advance in monitoring reef tank chemistry over traditional test methods and auto titration equipment.
Ease of Use
- Hands off, no nonsense, all in one compact device
- No noise, liquid reagents, pumps, tubes, or toxic liquid waste
Carbonate Alkalinity*, Calcium, Magnesium,
Salinity, Temperature, pH**, Oxygen,
Carbon Dioxide, Ammonia***, Potassium
- Ten parameters, every 15 minutes
- 960 measurements/day total
- 1/8 cent/measurement
- Connect monitor to WiFi/cloud, place in tank or sump
- Minimal wait time for initial use
- No tubing installation, no user calibration, no large footprint requirement
Consumables & Maintenance
- Replace small sensor disc shipped monthly with subscription
- No liquid reagents
- No maintenance, no tubing replacement
Tank Water & Liquid Waste
- Located in the tank or sump
- Consumes no tank water
- Generates no toxic liquid waste
- Monitors & discs are individually factory calibrated and require no user calibration
- Carbonate Alkalinity*: +/- 0.1 dKH
- Calcium: +/- 4 ppm
- Magnesium: +/- 15 ppm
- SAI will offer automated doser control at some point in the future
- Wireless controller capability is already built-in with the latest IoT protocols
- SAI is developing partnerships with key aquarium equipment providers for controller integration
* The MindStream Monitor measures Carbonate Alkalinity, which is the form of alkalinity necessary to promote vibrant coral growth. Other methods measure total alkalinity, which includes carbonate, borate, and other ions and therefore are not a true representation of the amount of carbonates available for coral growth.
** The MindStream Monitor provides an analytically-derived pH Probe Equivalent graph by default. This compares to results from consumer-grade, potentiometric pH probes commonly used in saltwater aquariums. Behind the scenes, the MindStream Monitor tracks Total pH using an optical system that removes saltwater interference. MindStream Monitor settings may be changed to display Total pH, a measure preferred by oceanographers and chemists.”
*** The MindStream Monitor provides a more effective indication of ammonia toxicity by measuring ammonia in its most toxic gaseous form. Many test kits report the less toxic ammonium ion concentration.
historical parameter data, graphs, and trends.
innovative product features
- Fully automated monitoring of 10 water parameters every 15 minutes for 1/8 cent per measurement at a frequency that is at least 8 times auto titration equipment
- Web app includes the ability to monitor numerous tanks in one user friendly interface
- Web app dashboard view provides current measurement and 24 hour trend preview chart for all ten parameters in one convenient glance
- View historical parameter data graphs and trends in one, seven, and fourteen day windows
- Compare two water parameter graphs to each other
- Set acceptable individual water parameter ranges customized for your aquarium
- Receive immediate alerts via email or text message if water parameters are out of optimum range
- Annotate parameter graphs with custom notes to log tank maintenance and other periodic events
- Set up numerous tank profiles in the web app and simply move your MindStream Monitor between tanks
- Responsive web app works seamlessly with all web-enabled devices (including mobile phones, tablets, desktops, etc.)
- Small rotating sensor disc is shipped monthly with subscription and easily swapped
- No maintenance or user calibration required
- Automatic firmware updates are pushed to your MindStream Monitor via the cloud/network
- Wireless controller capability is already built-in with the latest IoT protocols such as Bluetooth and Zigbee
- connect monitor to WiFi/cloud
- place MindStream Monitor in tank or sump
- access web app and set up tank profile(s)
- 4 hour wait time before initial use
- no tubing installation, no reagents, no user calibration, no large footprint requirement
- Advanced fluorescence and colorimetric sensor technology adapted from the medical field.
- Ultra-sensitive optical measurement sensors for measuring the fluorescence response of the sensor indicator dyes.
- Custom optical filtering that enables higher accuracy and resolution than test kits and liquid reagents in measuring essential water parameters.
- Space age plastics that virtually eliminate moisture penetration and prolong the useful life of the monitor in sea water, and reduce organic matter buildup on surfaces.
- RFID tags on the MindStream sensor discs for unique identification and automatic download of calibration data.
- Inductive power technology that enables power to be transmitted through aquarium glass up to ¾" thick and eliminates wires in your tank.
- Highly sophisticated multipoint monitor and disc calibration systems for factory-based calibration.
- The latest IoT radio frequency chip set and mesh networking protocols (including Bluetooth and Zigbee) for future enablement of controller capability of third party dosing and other equipment.
Not supported: Internet Explorer